The first and important step to the path of fitness is making a commitment. Next step is to decide that you are going to be physically fit. It should be a life long commitment, like bathing and brushing your teeth.
Your exercise program should include something from each of the four basic fitness components described previously. Each workout should begin with a warm-up and end with a cool down. As a general rule, space your workouts throughout the week and avoid consecutive days of hard exercises.
- Warm-up - 5-10 Minutes
- Muscular Strength - A Minimum Of Two 20-minutes
- Muscular Endurance - At Least Three 30-minutes - Push-ups, Sit-ups, Pull-ups
- Cardio Respiratory Endurance - At Least Three 20-minutes
- Flexibility- 10-12 Minutes
- Cool Down - A Minimum Of 5-10 Minutes